Teaching and Learning Culture: Aboriginal Perspectives at Brewongle EEC
10hrs NESA Registered Professional Learning – Standards 6.2.2, 6.3.2, and 7.2.2 for primary and high school
MyPL Code RG03131
Flyer: Teaching & Learning Culture
This course will build teachers’ cultural competencies and connections to Country. Teachers will examine the Aboriginal Education Policy, investigate opportunities to include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives in curriculum units as well giving consideration to individual learning programs for Indigenous students. Participating teachers will learn about local Aboriginal culture, history and social experience.
By the end of the two day program teachers will improve their knowledge, understanding and skills regarding the Aboriginal Education Policy, cultural competencies and how to incorporate these into their teaching practice.
This workshop will include;
- Aboriginal Education and Training Policy, Curriculum perspectives and LAC priority.
- Developing a sense of place – Darug histories and culture
- Brewongle EECs leading cultural programs
- PLPs for Aboriginal Students
- Reconciliation Action Plans for Schools with Narragunnawalli