- Principle 1: The Earth has one big ocean with many features.
- Principle 2: The ocean and life in the ocean shape the features of Earth.
- Principle 3: The ocean is a major influence on weather and climate.
- Principle 4: The ocean makes the Earth habitable.
- Principle 5: The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems.
- Principle 6: The ocean and humans are inextricably interconnected.
- Principle 7: The ocean is largely unexplored.
To kick off, the Seaweek theme this year is “The Earth has one big ocean with many features”. It’s a great opportunity for you to teach your students about the ocean. Check out the Scope and Sequence and teaching topics found on the Principle One page of the Ocean Literacy website. The concepts are laid out in a very teacher-friendly framework so you can easily see the topics for each Stage within the chosen Principle.